So you’ve delivered disruptive innovation at work. Now, radically redo your upcoming holiday. Here are 10 applications that replace tiresome patterns from holidays of old and create new value:
1) Get serious about matching a child’s wonder and enthusiasm for the day.
2) Give a possession you prize to someone who wouldn’t dream of asking for it.
3) Plan to make your holiday charity work a year-round occurrence.
4) Laugh with a child so hard your stomach hurts.
5) Forgive two people (including yourself).
6) Turn off all electronics for 24 hours.
7) Respect and be curious about the opposing view of someone with whom you typically argue.
8) Throw away your holiday to-do list. (And replace it with whatever happens.)
9) Learn your neighbor’s life story.
10) Love more (starting with yourself).