You can have…
- …highly engaged employees who are also incapable of collaborating with peers.
- …great relationships with the customers without selling anything to them.
- …a strong speak-up culture where people say things to be heard rather than things that add value.
- …air-tight alignment that delivers something the customer doesn’t want.
- …psychological safety that reduces the conflict needed to innovate.
Unnecessary barriers are built when what’s being measured becomes bigger than the reason why the organization exists. There’s a difference between being data-driven and data-intelligent.
What’s your team’s objective: Driving greater value or getting good scores?