- Can you be emotionally independent of the judgments others have of you?
- Are you capable of being so enlightened that no one else knows you are so?
- Do you refrain from telling destructive stories about those who tell incomplete truths about you?
- Can you be wrong publicly, even if doing so means others will be right?
- Are you able to be the smartest person in the room, but have no one else realize you are so?
- Do you give of yourself to others without conditions?
- Can you care about those with whom you passionately disagree?
Being the leader of others is merely a glamorous dream until we’ve done the hard work of leading ourselves first. (If you can’t lead yourself, how can you effectively lead others?)
Show us how it’s done.