Vannoy & Ross
2010 is history. And there’s no service desk out there where you could get a refund on the disappointing moments. Time doesn’t work that way. It is what it is: No returns. No exchanges.
But wait a minute. What would happen if you could guarantee satisfaction in 2011? Guarantee greater results? Guarantee higher performance?
What would it be worth to you if you knew you were going to be better, more effective as a team member, as a leader in your family in 2011?
That guarantee is possible. And the effective leader ensures their team knows this is true.
It starts with focus – particularly, a focus on the elements of life and leadership your team can control. Surprisingly, in an organization’s pursuit of excellence, too often the variables that can be controlled – particularly attitudes, behaviors and actions – are overlooked. Which means 12 months from now, team members will pack up for the Holidays, exhausted, and wondering “What if?”
Ensure your team focuses on what they can control. Guarantee greater results in 2011 by asking your team forward-focus questions like these:
- In what areas of our business are we disciplined in our focus?
- As we look forward, what are the variables in our work that we can control?
- What are our collective expectations for our focus in 2011?
- What difference in results can we expect as we model greater focus?
- What is our plan to improve our focus in every interaction of every day?
Go ahead. Be bold. Inform others 2011 will be a great year. And tell them you guarantee it.