The disillusioned continue to wait for circumstances to normalize before they feel stable. That approach, however, is backwards and futile. The future belongs to those who are evolving their relationship with volatility.
As you peer into the unpredictability of 2023 and think about who you will be, it is worth reflecting:
- In 2022 were you a leader who operated with clarity when there was no certainty?
- Were you centered in 2022? Could others count on you as a source of strength?
- Did you improve your ability to drive greater value through others?
- Are your peers better because you are on the team?
- Were you bigger than the circumstances and challenges you faced in the last year?
- Is what you learned in 2022 valuable for your customers?
- Did your family and friends feel connected to you?
Effectiveness is often measured on an annual basis. However, your potential is realized in each moment.
2022 is not over. Your stabilizing leadership is needed today.