Some people are on teams where they learn:
- How to lie about the effort they’re giving
- How to keep agendas hidden
- How to shed responsibility
- How to give faux contributions
Other people are on teams where they learn:
- How to be more real and engage others in the process
- How to rise above challenges by being a better teammate
- How to passionately disagree with others yet still collaborate with them
- How to overcome the fear of failure
How is the team you’re on shaping you? Who are you becoming because of the team you’re on? If you’re not better as a person when the job is done, can you honestly say you were a success?
Better yet, are you contributing to a team that elevates the human experience for everyone involved?
P.S. “Kinda” isn’t good enough.