Doing the right thing doesn’t mean that things will turn out right. It means that:
- You’ll create more opportunities vs. collapsing them
- You won’t have to re-learn painful lessons
- The people you respect will see you as a person of character
- Those who follow you will more likely do the right thing, too (including children)
- Decision making will become easier
- You will know something about yourself that many people wish they knew about themselves
You don’t do the right things to get your way. You do the right things to lead the way.