Your boss likely knows:
– Whose taking advantage of “the system.
– Which teammates are not acting like teammates.
– Why people are saying one thing but doing the other.
– Which employee is putting forth minimal effort.
Your boss also knows:
– What results you’re achieving.
– How late you’re burning midnight oil.
– Your habits and patterns (indicators of motivations).
– How much you really care.
The disconnect between boss and employee plagues some teams. It shouldn’t be so.
Yes, your boss may not be leading the way you would. The question is: What are you going to do about it – while still living and leading from your values?
There’s also a chance your boss has good reasons for taking (and not taking) the actions he or she is. If this is so, what actions will you take?
Responsibility always seems to come back to those with awareness, even when we wish others would show some.
(If you are the boss, the words still apply, don’t they.)